Meet the Assistant Principal
- I am a graduate of Elmhurst College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English Education.
- I have teaching certification at both the middle school and high school levels including English, Social Studies, and Speech.
- I earned my Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from Concordia University Chicago.
- I began my educational career in special education, teaching high school cross-categorical subjects in addition to life skills and career planning.
- I was then given the honor to serve Elmhurst School District 205 as both 7th and 8th grade English and Social Studies Teacher. After teaching within the district for 8 years, I was provided the opportunity to serve as Assistant Principal at one of the middle schools within the Elmhurst district.
Thoughts on Leadership
I am honored to serve for a second year as the Assistant Principal and as an instructional leader for Daniel Wright. I believe strongly in servant leadership and supporting the students, faculty, parents and community of Daniel Wright.
Daniel Wright Junior High reflects a learning community that is passionate and energized for growth in social and emotional learning and development of higher order thinking.
A Little More About Me
I enjoy spending free time with my wife, who is completing her doctorate in higher education administration, and our two energetic boys who enjoy the great outdoors including fishing, hiking, and rock collecting. We also take pleasure in traveling, especially to our favorite destination, Disney World! As a family, we enjoy celebrating our German cultural heritage by watching our sons participate in German folk-dancing. I also enjoy being active through running, HIITFit and martial arts.
Contact Mr. Herion
- By phone at (847) 295-1560.
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.