Student Council, 2016-2017
- As part of Student Council at Half Day School, student leaders share their ideas and their classmates’ ideas about how to improve our school, organize school spirit days, raise charitable donations, and participate in community programs. Student Council even sponsors the school talent show at the end of the year!
- Every 3rd and 4th-grade classroom will have two classmates as representatives. You can access the Student Council Permission Form and Schedule here.
Who can be part of Student Council?
Any student who is responsible, cooperative, fair and committed to working hard would make a great representative.
When are meetings?
- Meetings take place on scheduled Tuesdays after school until 4:30 p.m. (See Student Council Permission Form and Schedule for meeting dates.)
- All meetings must be attended, and representatives must be able to stay for the entire hour.
- Students must also have reliable transportation in place before making this commitment, as there is no bus transportation after the meetings.
Interested? What are the requirements?
- Please return the signed permission slip to the classroom teacher by Friday, September 16.
- Give a short, prepared speech to your class on Tuesday, September 20 or Wednesday, September 21. (Your teacher will determine the day and time.)
- Students who have submitted the permission form, and who gave a speech, will have their names placed in a lottery, and two names will be randomly pulled as classroom representatives for Student Council.