(This page updated 3/08/16)
- Science Fair is an individual science competition open to 7th and 8th graders at Daniel Wright.
- Students create projects demonstrating scientific ideas through experimentation.
- Faculty advisors: Mrs. Cheifetz, Mr. Beno, Mrs. Richter
- September – May.
- The first informational meeting will be after school on Tuesday, October 25.
- We will continue meeting every other Tuesday after October 25, unless announced otherwise.
- We will distribute a timeline at the first meeting with target goals clearly identified.
- Students will develop a problem to investigate, complete a scientific research paper, conduct an experiment, collect and analyze data, create a tri-fold poster, and present their findings at the Regional Science Fair.
- Most of this work is expected to be completed during the scheduled meetings, although there may be time needed in excess of the meetings as well.
- All students that meet the timeline requirements will be entered in the Regional Science Fair to be held on March 4, 2017.
- Typically, between 1-15 students have advanced to the Illinois State Science Fair based on individual successes at the Regional competition.
- For more detailed information about the Regional competition, see the webpage.
- Congratulations to our Daniel Wright scientists, who participated in the Region 6 Science Fair!
- Sruja K., Shreeya R., and Shreya S., as well as Josh N., earned Bronze Awards.
- Meha K. earned a Silver Award.
- Maanav A. and Aditya M., Nandhini N., Sid G., Chahat K. and Surabhi G. all earned Gold Awards and qualified for the Illinois State Science Fair.
- Surabhi also won the Best in Category award for her project in Electronics!
- Maanav and Aditya, Nandhini, and Surabhi qualified as Broadcom Invitees, which is an online, advanced level of science competition.
- Our school also earned a 2nd place trophy for having the most gold awards in our school-size category. Congratulations, Daniel Wright scientists!!
State Science Fair
- The State competition will be held on May 6, 2017, at Northern Illinois University.
- For more information about the State competition, visit the webpage.