(Published on 12/06/16)
The National History Bee, an annual academic competition, is being run by a new management company this year. Although Daniel Wright Junior High submitted its registration earlier this fall, our school just recently gained access to the sponsor materials. Following are important points for interested students.
- This academic competition is open to all Daniel Wright students in grades 5-8.
- The first round involves a written test, which typically takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- History Bee first round tryouts begin after school on Wednesday, December 7, 2016.
- So that we have enough materials prepared, please sign up in the school library.
- The PASS bus will be available after school for transportation home, or parents are welcome to pick up their student(s).
- The student with the top score, as well as the three students with the top scores from each of the following divisions, (for a total of 10 students) will advance to the Regional Qualifying Exam, set to be administered at DW after school on Wednesday, December 14, 2016.
- Grades 5 & 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- The top qualifying students from our region will be invited to attend the Chicago North Regional History Bee Oral Competition on Saturday, March 25, 2017. The times and locations have not yet been published.
- Please contact the faculty advisor, Mrs. Braskich, with any questions.