Simplifying Stevenson Evening Jan. 9
Please join us at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9 for an informative and interactive program at Daniel Wright Junior High School: Simplifying Stevenson, led by Troy Gobble, Principal of Stevenson High School (SHS).
- At this program, eighth grade students and their parents will learn about the transition to high school and have their questions answered.
- For more information, please refer to the Transitions Guide for Incoming Freshman/Class of 2023 .
SHS Orientation Evenings Held at SHS
In January, Stevenson will host three orientation evenings for eighth graders and their families.
- Tuesday, Jan. 8: Students whose last name begins with A–H should attend this orientation.
- Thursday, Jan. 10: Students whose last name begins with I–P should attend this orientation.
- Wednesday, Jan. 16: Students whose last name begins with Q–Z should attend this orientation.
SHS Course Selection Evenings Held at SHS
At the end of January, you will receive a mailing with your child's course placements in English, mathematics, science, and Spanish (if applicable). Shortly after you receive your child's placements, there will be two course selection evenings at Stevenson.
- Thursday, Jan. 24: Students whose last name begins with A–L should attend this evening.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29: Students whose last name begins with M–Z should attend this evening.
For questions about the Stevenson evenings, please reach out to Michele Phillips at 847-415-4502 or email email@example.com or Suzanne Paloian at 847-415-4500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daniel Wright Graduation Information
- The last day of class for eighth-grade students will be Wednesday, May 22, 2019, which is an early dismissal day of 11:30 a.m.
- The eighth-grade dance is set for 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at Daniel Wright. Please contact Tricia Jette at email@example.com or Linda Pinsel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any dance questions.
- Graduation practice is scheduled for Thursday, May 23, 2019 at Stevenson High School. Eighth grade students will NOT come to Daniel Wright on that day. Busing from home to Stevenson will be provided by DW transportation. We will provide you with more information closer to the date.
- Graduation is 7 p.m. Thursday, May 23, 2019 in the Sports Center at Stevenson High School.