The following goals were approved at the Board of Education's Regular Meeting on October 30, 2018. The areas of focus align with the District's strategic plan, Vision 2020.
Curriculum and Instruction Goal: Increase use of student data results to improve student learning
1. Provide administrator and teacher training utilizing student achievement/growth data through the ECRA portal during fall 2018 and spring 2019
2. Ensure district growth meets/exceeds targets as determined by ECRA growth data
3. Increase district growth in student sub groups meeting/exceeding targets as determined by ECRA growth data
Culture and Climate Goal: Create opportunities for students, families and staff to build understanding and appreciation between cultures
1. Host four evening events throughout the year for parents/staff to discuss cultural differences
2. Provide professional development days in October and March focusing on cultural differences with staff
3. Host day events at each school for students to experience cultural differences
Facilities Goal: Develop a capital improvement project for Daniel Wright that addresses current and future needs while also optimizing existing spaces.
1. Design for DW Capital project by June 30, 2019
2. Funding plan for DW project by March, 30, 2019
3. Updated Facility/Security assessment identifying items addressed by project and plan to complete items unaddressed by June 30, 2019
4. Plans/process changes that relate to optimizing existing space by June 30, 2019